Tuesday 3 February 2009

Temporarily Strung

On Sunday I went to the London Bead Show.  It was great to meet up with folks and get chatting to new people. 

beadshow

It was a real shame as there weren't too many lampworkers around.  Less than a week before it I received a phone call from the organisers inviting me to show as they had had two lampworkers pull out.  Needless to say with so little notice it was impossible for me to get enough stock together to be able to do it.  Chatting to the organisers on the day the others they had contacted said the same.

I met these guys http://www.designercabochons.co.uk/  and have to say I'm in love with these cabs.  It takes me back to my roots in my jewellery journey where I was looking for something unique to set into silver.  I think if I had found these guys earlier I may have never become a lampworker at one level as the cabs are exactly what I was looking for

pendant

This one is temporarily wire wrapped with sterling silver wire so I get to wear it before it gets set in silver.  I love, love, love their stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my post. I really appreciate the time and thought you have put in

Julie